Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I’m the one to blame - Katrina Kaif

The gorgeous actress reveals her marriage plans and also talks about her next film, ‘Raajneeti’, in this short chat.
Katrina Kaif is one actress who manages to stay in news more because of personal reasons than professional.
This despite the fact that she has been delivering more hits than any other actress in recent years.
We too decided to talk about her personal life when we met her recently. And what better to talk to her about than her marriage and what she thinks about it.

You had said in an interview over a year back that you would be getting married in a couple of years.
Actually I am the one to blame. I was the one who had said that maybe I would be married in two years time.
But things are different now and there is still time before I get married. As the saying goes, ‘man proposes.
God disposes’, every time we make a plan God changes it. So plans have changed now? I have learnt not to make plans in life, because a lot of time you make a plan that is not going to work for you.
Right now I am working on my career and trying to be genuine to my work. If you respect what you have got, God will give you what you need. Will it be an Indian whenever it happens? I certainly hope so. What does marriage mean to you? Marriage is a sign of happiness.
It takes a great deal of character and confidence for two people to make such a commitment to each other. And it is something that is really special.
You have been linked to co-actors like Ranbir Kapoor of late. I think you should know me better. If I am going to be with one person that’s because I am in love with him and that will be just one person at a time. All those reports are completely untrue.
You recently modelled for the bridal collection of a diamond brand that you endorse. How valuable are diamonds? Diamonds are agirl’s best friends. And if ever I ask for a gift, which I don’t, I think I would ask for a diamond.
Diamonds are never a wasted investment as they are always resalable and last forever. Also, there is a certain sentimental value that diamonds have. Plus, if you believe in constellations and that stars and planets have a connect with your life, diamonds could also have some benefits.
You endorse a lot of products. How involved are you with each of those product? I chose my brands very carefully. I take only those brands that I know about or use. I hope both of us benefit from the association. I do put in a lot of work.
I am not someone who shows up for the shoots of a particular brand. I look into the script, I look into the director, I look into the cameraman, I sit with the management team of the brand and I really put in a lot of effort from my heart. You have a very interesting film – ‘Raajneeti’ – coming up. How hard was it considering you played a kind of character you are not usually associated with?
When one works in a serious film people think that maybe more work has gone into it. But the fact is that to make a successful film is the hardest thing. Every film of mine which has been a success has been equally hard - be it ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani’ and ‘Singh is Kinng’ or ‘New York’ and ‘Raajneeti’. Whether it’s a comedy or a serious film, moviemaking is a serious business and there is lot of money dragging on it. I give it my 100 percent.
How has the film turned out? A lot of people who have seen ‘Raajneeti’ have given tremendous feedback. So by the grace of God audiences will like it and it will be a new step in my career. Would you like to clarify on Anurag Basu’s film that you were to do but then backed out?
Every time a film is offered to me I cannot take it up. But what happens is that we have so many channels that everything is getting reported. And the way I choose my films is only professional. Gossip does not matter to me. I have worked mainly with people who are not my friends.
It matters to me that I feel positively about the movie. I have never involved personal matters in my film and I will never do that. Talking about this particular film I have not taken a call on this film as yet as I have just returned from the shoots of ‘Tees Maar Khan’. If I do decide not to do this film it would be because I believe I will get something better!
Talking about ‘Tees Maar Khan’, you seem to have fallen quite ill during the shoot. It has been more reports than truths. Farah Khan’s shoot went off really well. We had great fun. My only comment on working with Farah is that I think she should do more films.
Are you producing any film? I will possibly make a movie in a year. What about TV? Priyanka Chopra is going to small screen too. I don’t think I will be comfortable doing that. I think my limit on the small screen will be the ad films which I enjoy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment