Thursday, April 15, 2010

I couldn't resist the offer with Kareena: Chitrangada Singh

Chitrangada Singh’s sudden vanishing act after her classy performance in her debut film Hazaroon Khwaishein Aisi was a fodder for the rumour mongers to go around the town with different tales.

For Chitrangada it was a harsh experience of what glamour brings with it. But that hasn’t deterred the Delhi girl from making a comeback with Sorry Bhai and now she is shooting for another political flick from Sudhir Mishra called Dhruv.

In Dhruv, Chitrangada plays the femme fatale of politics and the underworld. Farhan Akhtar plays the lead role of a politician while Kareen Kapoor will play the role of Chitrangada’s rival in love.

Chitrangada feels that she was nervous when she decided to make a comeback, but now she is much more confident.

“When I wanted to come out of my sabbatical, I was nervous. But I realized that I badly wanted to make a comeback in the film industry. I became greedy for good roles and couldn’t resist the offers that I got,” she said.

With her performances in parallel cinema, she is now being compared to the great Smita Patil, and Chitrangada feels the compliment is a great honour for her.

“It would be unfair to compare me with Smita ji. She is a legend and I am just two films old. I don’t pay much attention to such comparisons. But I feel really honoured, because I have been a big fan of Smita ji,” she said.

Besides Smita, Chitrangada has been a great fan of the glamorous Rekha.

“Right from my childhood I have been a great fan of Rekha. I used to idolize her and after her terrific performance in Khoon Bhari Mang, I wanted to be every bit of her. But my all time favourite was her glamorous look in Umrao Jaan,” she said.

So was it Rekha, who inspired her to take up acting as a profession?

“When I was in school or college, I never participated in theaters. I was concentrating on dancing, but I realized the fact that acting comes to me naturally and I was always comfortable in front of the camera,” she said.

Chitrangada took her first step in the glamour world with modeling and soon was spotted by Mishra, who had no doubt in casting her in Hazaroon Khwaishein Aisi.

She is now excited about her new project and the prospect of working with the leading lady of Bollywood.

“The fact that I would be working with Kareena, who is now on top of her career, and a class actor like Farhan is surely a great thing for me. I had worked with Sudhir in the past and when he told me about this movie I had no doubt in working for him again. It is also a challenging role for me,” she said.

She feels Dhruv will be a mature film something that the audience wants.

“Now audiences don’t want the naach gaana every time. There is a demand for mature films and Dhruv will fit the bill,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment